We do not accept payments by American Express. All prices are listed and payments made in Great British Pounds (£).
Please note that refunds from using our online donation service will be at the discretion of the management. Please contact us via e-mail email@example.com or by telephone on 01322 221 315
Damaged or faulty goods
In the event that any product purchased from our website proves to be unsatisfactory in use due to defective workmanship or faulty material, you can return them to us for a replacement or a full refund. Your statutory rights are not affected.
If you are not happy with any aspects of our work or our people, please tell us - we may be able to provide further explanation of our actions, or improve if our performance is less than it should be. We promise to take all complaints seriously, and to deal with them in a timely manner. Equally, we would be glad to hear any compliments on what we do – it is always good to know that our work is appreciated.
To speak to us about your complaint or compliment, please contact us on Telephone: 01322 221 315
There are also other routes you can take if you feel we have not adequately resolved your complaint. These include:
The Charity Commission
The Charity Commission, P.O. Box 1227, Liverpool, L69 3UG
Tel. no. 0845 3000 218
Use of this site is entirely at your own risk.
Who we are?
EllenorLions (registered charity no. 1121561) (registered company number 06302132) registered office: Coldharbour Road, Northfleet, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 7HQ. EllenorLions Hospices Trading Limited (registered company no 05985820) and EllenorLions Hospices Lottery Company Ltd (registered company no. 03116416). EllenorLions Hospices was incorporated on 4th July 2007 and commenced operation on the 1st November 2007 following the merger of the activities of the Ellenor Foundation and the Lions Hospice. The charity is governed by its Memorandum and Articles of Association dated 4 July 2007, registered with the Charity Commission (1121561) and constituted as a company limited by guarantee.
The Objects of the charity are summarised as follows:
To promote the relief of sickness in such charitable ways as the Charity shall from time to time think fit, but in particular (and without prejudice to the generality of such objects) concentrate on providing care and specialist support for persons of any age suffering from life limiting or life threatening condition, terminal illness or intractable pain whether in hospices, hospitals, nursing homes, clinics or in their own homes The charity is dedicated to improving the lives of older people.
If you do not wish to continue receiving information from us or carefully selected third parties please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us at 01322 221315.
At EllenorLions we are committed to protecting your privacy. This statement describes how EllenorLions collects and uses information about people who visit our website.
The terms of the Policy may change, so please check it from time to time.
What information do we collect?
On our web site you can make requests and register to receive materials. The types of information collected on these pages are name and contact information.
Why do we collect your information?
EllenorLions uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with information. We may also use your information to contact you or to provide you with information we think would be of particular interest.
Who has access to your information?
We are committed to protecting the personal data of our supporters, customers and members. Any details you give us will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. EllenorLions (including its associated and subsidiary companies) is the sole owner of the information collected on this Site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to third parties, unless we have your explicit permission to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Where you have given us permission we may contact you about other services and products or pass your details to similar organisations.
When you are using our secure online donation pages, your donation is processed by Virgin Money Giving Ltd, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, email the webmanager.
16 or Under?
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information
Do we use 'Cookies'?
'Cookies' are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enable the server to collect information from the browser. Essentially it takes the form of a small text file deposited on your computer's hard drive.
If you want to prevent our cookies being stored on your computer in future, you may do so by referring to your internet browser's instructions. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org
Our website may include links to websites run by other organisations. EllenorLions is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organisations’ websites so you should read their privacy policies carefully.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. The latest version will be available on our website so please check from time to time. By continuing to use the website you will be deemed to have accepted any changes.
All information published on this website is accurate at the time of publication and all sections are regularly reviewed.
EllenorLions Hospices endevaours to ensure the content of this website is accurate and up-to-date but does not accept liability for error or omission.
Information may be changed or updated without notice.
Whilst every effort is made to maintain the relevance of links, EllenorLions Hospices is not responsible for the content of external websites and any such links should not be taken as an endoresment of any kind.
We will only collect financial information in order to process financial transaction such as debit/credit card donations. We will not retain your financial details on our database.
Stipulations regarding use of the discussion boards
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the Site including, but not limited to, any data, questions, comments, suggestions, reviews, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
When entering the discussion forum, you agree not to publish, post, disseminate distribute or otherwise transmit any defamatory, offensive, infringing, indecent or otherwise unlawful or objectionable material or information.
EllenorLions will not be responsible for the posting by any user of any defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful material. EllenorLions has the right to remove any material or posting you make on this Site at its discretion.
Terms and conditions Access to and use of this site is provided by EllenorLions Hospices (incorporating chYps.org, EllenorLions Hospices Trading Limited and EllenorLions Hospices Lottery Company Ltd) subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Please read these terms carefully before using this website ("Site"). Your use of this Site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the first day of use of this Site.
2. EllenorLions Hospices reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes on-line. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
3. All rights reserved; no part of this website, including information, images, photos, logos, names and icons may be copied, republished, posted, broadcast or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright holders. Documents on the site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose except for personal, non-commercial use.
4. The existence of a link from any organisation's site to the EllenorLions Hospices site does not imply that EllenorLions Hospices endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
5. Trade marks: the names, images and logos identifying EllenorLions Hospices or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of EllenorLions Hospices and/or third parties as appropriate. Nothing contained therein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of EllenorLions Hospices or any third party.
6 Photography: please contact the EllenorLions Hospices Marketing and Communications Department if you would like to use any of the photography shown on this site for publication.
7 You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
8 This site and the information, names images, photographs, logos and icons regarding or relating to EllenorLions Hospices, its products and services (or to third party products and services) is provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
9. EllenorLions Hospices does not accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsover arising out of or in connection with the use or loss of use of this site.
10. EllenorLions Hospices does not warrant that the functions contained in the material included in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
12. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
13. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
14. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
15. Any questions regarding this site should be sent to the EllenorLions Hospices Marketing and Communications department.